Five Star Star San - 32 oz.

  • Sale
  • Regular price $23.95


STAR SAN HB is a blend of phosphoric acid and dodecylbenzenesulfonic acid. This synergistic blend provides a unique synergistic system that is unaffected by excessive organic soils. STAR SAN HB is also a self-foaming acid anionic detergent. It can be applied through a foamer to produce self-adhering foam or manual application. Cleaning with STAR SAN HB on a daily basis will leave equipment in an acid condition that will eliminate water spotting, mineral build-up, and corrosion. It is not recommended to use STAR SAN HB on soft metals because of the acid nature of this product.

GENERAL USE DIRECTIONS
Brewing Tanks – Once the equipment has been properly cleaned make up a final acid anionic rinse using STAR SAN HB as follows: In every barrel of water add 7 fluid ounces, circulate for a minimum of 3 minutes at ambient temperatures. Just prior to start-up rinse with potable water and follow state and local Health Department regulations covering start up sanitation.
Part Soaking- In a 5 gallon bucket add 4 gallons of water and 2 ounces of STARSAN HB. Once all parts have been removed from equipment and hand washed allow them to soak in the STARSAN HB solution for a minimum of 5 minutes. Remove parts from solution. Reassemble wet parts on equipment to reduce the possibility of water spotting or any other undesirable conditions to occur, rinse equipment with potable water. Follow State and Local Health Department Regulations covering start up sanitation.
COMPLIANCE
Always sanitize equipment just prior to start up with a suitable sanitizer as required by local public health regulations.

SAFETY
DANGER: Corrosive to skin and eye, contains Phosphoric Acid. Harmful if swallowed. Do not get in eyes, on skin or on clothing. Wear protective goggles and clothing when using. Avoid contamination of food. DO NOT MIX STARSAN HB with chlorinated cleaners as chlorine gas will result. See Label for more precautionary information. Contains Phosphoric Acid. A known corrosive.
FIRST AID:
For Eyes: Hold eyes open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first five minutes. Then continue rinsing. Call Poison Control Center or doctor for treatment advice.
If Swallowed: Call Poison Control Center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip on a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the Poison Control doctor. Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
If on Skin or Clothing: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call Poison Control Center for treatment advice.
If Inhaled: Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing call 911 or an ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth if possible. Call a Poison Control Center or doctor for treatment.
NOTE TO PHYSICIAN: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage. Measure against circulatory shock, respiratory depression and convulsion may be needed.